Training Dates TBD Position Eligible for Referral Bonus Program Position Objective:
An Adventure Guide is responsible for delivering physically and emotionally engaging adventure & recreation programs within their scope of training, while demonstrating excellent customer service by acting with a “guest comes first” attitude. Facilitators connect and respond to the needs of guests while following all operational policies and procedures to minimize risk and ensure quality program delivery in a manner consistent with MHA’s mission, vision and values.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Co-lead adventure and recreation activities. These activities may include (but are not limited to): indoor and outdoor climbing walls, static and dynamic challenge courses and fieldhouse (gymnasium) supervision. May also receive further training to lead or assist with ocean kayaking, mountain biking, archery, laser tag, paintball, or other recreation activities.
- Properly fit, train, and monitor guests in the use of all personal protective equipment.
- Provides for an emotionally, physically, and spiritually safe environment with both guests and staff.
- Assist with daily opening and closing of the program and support areas.
- Conduct visual and tactile inspections of all hardware and equipment being used.
- Effectively lead guest activities to ensure an engaging, informative and inspiring experience.
- Meet curriculum delivery guidelines specific to the program and needs of the client.
- Report and log any safety concerns or incidents/accidents.
- Attend in-service rescue refresher trainings.
Casual Part-Time 0-40 hours weekly
*Lifeguard Training available for this position at Mount Hermon
Lifeguards provide instruction, supervision, and ensure the safety and well-being of all campers and staff involved in all water-based activities at Mount Hermon in a manner consistent with MHA’s mission, vision and values.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Responsible to act as a first responders in events of injury
- Responsible to provide a safe environment (physically, mentally, and emotionally) for guests to enjoy aquatic activities
- Provides supervision of aquatic activities at Mount Hermon
- Accountable for upholding and enforcing pool rules to ensure safety of all using the pool
- Responsible for performing the certified lifeguard activities while working at Mount Hermon in a professional and productive manner at the pool as well as away from the pool
- Responsible to assist, Aquatics Team Lead and other lifeguards with daily, weekly, and monthly pool maintenance
- Responsible to maintain, document and report any damaged operating equipment and facilities
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor
*This job description reflects essential functions of this position. It does not restrict management’s right to reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.