Starting at $16/hr
Part-Time 0-35 hours weekly, 20-40 hours in peak season
The Adventure Guide is a Ministerial position. Ministerial staff render their work, stewardship, relationships and behavior as evidence of being followers of Jesus Christ while embracing and affirming MHA’s Christian mission, vision, beliefs and standards of conduct. They are responsible for defining, cultivating and leading MHA’s Christian community, conference programs, and retreats. All staff join into our community life of prayer, worship and spiritual activity, including but not limited to staff meetings, attendance at programs, Bible Study, and staff gatherings.
As an Adventure Guide you’ll be trained to lead a safe, exciting and memorable experience for your guests on the Sequoia Aerial Adventure course -- a 40+ element challenge course in a breathtaking redwood forest. Starting at $16hr plus tips you’ll work alongside fellow adventurers, develop new skills and have opportunities to grow into other positions like guiding the Redwood Canopy Tour.
Work 5 days a week, or 5 days a month. As part-timers, our team loves having the freedom to pair this role with other pursuits such as a degree, a creative side hustle, or any of the exhilarating outdoor activities the Santa Cruz mountains have to offer.
As an Adventure Guide, on a given workday you will do the following:
- Arrive at the scheduled shift start time ready to go regardless of the weather!
- Co-lead tours of up to 10 guests on our adventure courses. Over time you may be trained to do other things like run a climbing wall for guests or supervise open gym time.
- Follow all the procedures you’ve been trained in to make sure the course, equipment and environment is ready for every guest to have a positive experience.
- Create an engaging and inspiring experience where each guest is challenged to consider their relationships with others and God.
- Assist with closing duties so everything is put away properly and ready for the next day.
The Adventure Guide is responsible for delivering physically and emotionally engaging adventure tours on our aerial adventure courses while demonstrating excellent customer service by acting with a “guest comes first” attitude. Guides connect and respond to the needs of guests while following all operational policies and procedures to minimize risk and ensure quality program delivery in a manner consistent with MHA’s mission, vision and values.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Ensure compliance with MHA's Infectious Disease Exposure Control Plan Protocols.
- Co-lead adventure tours on our aerial adventure courses (Sequoia, Discovery Grove, Zayante). Other activities may include, but are not limited to indoor and outdoor climbing walls, and fieldhouse (gymnasium) supervision.
- Properly fit, train, and monitor guests in the use of all personal protective equipment.
- Provide for an emotionally, physically, and spiritually safe environment with both guests and staff.
- Assist with daily opening and closing of the program and support areas.
- Conduct visual and tactile inspections of all hardware and equipment being used.
- Effectively lead guest activities to ensure an engaging, informative and inspiring experience.
- Meet curriculum delivery guidelines specific to the program and needs of the client.
- Report and log any safety concerns or incidents/accidents.
- Attend in-service rescue refresher trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Part-Time 0- 35 Hours Weekly
Pay Rate starting at $16.00/hour
Adventure Customer Service Specialists serve as the first point of contact for both guest inquiries and face-to-face interaction upon arrival to Mount Hermon Adventures. Adventure Customer Service Specialists are responsible for consistent execution of guest bookings and retail objectives, as well as creating a welcoming and professional atmosphere at the Adventure center in a manner consistent with MHA’s mission, vision and values.
The Adventure Customer Service Specialist is a Non-Ministerial position. Non-Ministerial staff who serve in operational and service support roles are not required to affirm Mount Hermon Association, Inc.’s (“MHA”) Christian mission, vision and beliefs. However, they are expected in the course of their employment to respect, work in harmony with, and not undermine MHA’s Christian mission, vision and beliefs. Non-Ministerial staff join into our community life of prayer, worship and spiritual activity, including but not limited to staff meetings, attendance at programs, Bible Study, and staff gatherings.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Provide consistent, timely, and professional interactions with Mount Hermon Adventures guests throughout the booking process, from inquiry to arrival.
- Answer phone calls, emails, and in-person requests regarding Mount Hermon Adventures professionally and knowledgably.
- Receive, protect, and deposit all cash, checks, credit cards, and personnel information of guests and staff in a timely, secure and organized manner.
- Understand and utilize all office reports and forms.
- Keep adequate supplies of forms, brochures, and other needed materials on hand.
- Deliver excellent customer service by connecting with the guests; anticipating, discovering and responding to their needs.
- Perform merchandising duties: folding, hanging, and displaying products according to retail merchandising standards. Check and restock items.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized front office area and back-stock area.
- Alert Adventure Customer Service Lead if merchandise is damaged or out of stock.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Adventure Customer Service Specialists will closely interact with Canopy Tour guides, Adventure/Recreation Staff, and guests to achieve consistently excellent organization and programming, and to enforce MHA policies and safety standards