The Adventure Guide is a Ministerial position. Ministerial staff render their work, stewardship, relationships and behavior as evidence of being followers of Jesus Christ while embracing and affirming Mount Hermon Association, Inc.’s (“MHA”) mission, vision and beliefs. They are responsible for defining, cultivating and leading MHA’s Christian community, conference programs, and retreats.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED; (must be at least age 18). Some college education and/or equivalent professional experience desired.
- Attend relevant adventure & recreation training and pass both practical and written testing.
- Requires current First Aid/CPR/AED certifications.
- Previous experience in a customer service role preferred.
- Previous experience in ropes/challenge course or outdoor recreation activities preferred.
- Previous experience delivering curriculum or content to diverse populations preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience and a desire to work within a positive team setting with diverse people.
- Absolute attention to detail and safety.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep activities operating to standards and set a positive example for the guests and the team.
- Strong desire to help participants grow and learn from a variety of experiential challenges.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal communication skills and be sensitive, adaptable, professional, and articulate when dealing with guests and coworkers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Requires sitting, standing, squatting, stooping, twisting, and the ability to lift/carry 40+ lbs.
- Requires the ability to work in a physically strenuous environment.
- Must be comfortable at heights exceeding 80 feet.
- After training, employee must be able to rescue a 250 lb. person at heights using a variety of rescue techniques.