A mature follower of Jesus, still growing and developing in their faith. Fully in accord with Mount Hermon Association, Inc.’s (“MHA”) mission, vision, values and statement of beliefs. Committed to living these out personally, and instilling them in the organization. Of strong moral character and integrity.
- 1-2 years’ prior experience in sourcing, recruiting, and screening applicants and providing recommendations to hiring managers required.
- Previous camp experience desirable.
- Previous experience in an administrative setting essential.
- Experience with applicant tracking and onboarding software desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and administrative skills—ability to handle a busy and demanding work environment in a diplomatic, efficient and graceful manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft based applications (e.g. Word, Excel) as well as Google Docs, sheets and forms with an aptitude and ability to learn new software programs and database platforms.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must possess high orientation to detail.
- Knowledge and understanding of current employment and labor laws helpful.
- Ability to use a combination of intuition and reasoned judgment in assessing suitability of candidates regarding theological and cultural fit as well as job-related criteria.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and ability to troubleshoot issues independently with minimum supervision; ability to respond quickly to changes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and escalate issues to supervisor when appropriate.
- Knowledge and awareness of camp regulations and how changes may influence staffing and/or training a plus.