The Executive Chef oversees the entire Conference Center kitchen, as well as purchasing and Redwood Camp catering, by producing high quality, attractive, nutritious and cost effective food menus for MHA guests in a manner consistent with MHA’s mission vision and values.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Create all menus with input from Director of Food Operations.
- Oversee food areas of MHA Conference Center Redwood Camp.
- Communicate with department supervisors regarding production sheets, recipes, changes, etc.
- Document and direct food consumption, surpluses and leftovers.
- Demonstrate proper culinary methods, preparation, presentation skills and techniques and train staff accordingly.
- Manage kitchen staff by communicating expectations, providing training, coaching, evaluating performance goals and implementing disciplinary actions according to MHA’s guidelines.
- Walk through all food storage and production areas with department supervisors to review and enforce proper food storage, rotation, usage, organization and cleanliness.
- Coordinate, assign and delegate activities for chefs, cooks and assistants as needed.
- Enforce health and safety codes and procedures as well as building security and proper care and treatment of facilities.
- Assist Dining Services Manager to ensure prompt food service.
- Assist Ponderosa Lodge Food Service Operations Manager with their needs.
- Oversee all catering on MHA property including, but not limited to, Redwood Camp.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Salad staff
- Catering staff
- Bakery staff
- Kitchen Assistants
- Purchasing Clerk