The Assistant Dining Manager is responsible for organizing, managing, and coordinating Conference Center dining, daily operations, dining staff, and all on-site catering. The Assistant Dining Manager will work closely with the Dining Manager to ensure that excellent dining service is provided to guests in a welcoming, seamless and professional manner with the goal of maintaining MHA’s Standards of Excellence and to bless and minister to guests and staff in a manner consistent with MHA’s mission, vision and values.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Co-manage with the Dining Manager 70+ dining staff, providing training, coaching, reviews, and on-going professional development, as well as taking initiative to create and act on ministry opportunities towards dining staff and guests.
- Enforce and abide by all policies and service standards, including State, Federal, and Mount Hermon Labor and Food Service Policies and Procedures.
- Schedule staff and coordinate volunteers for all guests groups and special events, while planning around individual staff availability, guest group needs, and budgetary guidelines to ensure good stewardship of staff and MHA’s resources.
- Collate and disseminate all guest group dining details to appropriate staff using various operational guidelines, documents, and systems.
- Work with the Dining Manager to ensure all necessary details and changes are communicated to staff within dining, kitchen, and other outside departments, acting as an advocate for the dining hall and guests’ dining experience.
- Engage actively in dining staff development and supervision, including the hiring process, reviews, and providing staff coaching and disciplinary action as needed.
- Oversee dining floor operations during guest group meal service, making adjustments as necessary, to maintain and improve the quality and standard of excellent service.
- Work closely with the Dining Manager and other departmental staff to plan for any unusual group details and troubleshoot items as they arise, ensuring operations stay within the dining hall’s capacities and capabilities.
- Maintain optimal staffing levels during the summer and conference seasons by recruiting and hiring high quality personnel.
- Maintain a clean and functional facility by planning and coordinating regular cleaning and as-needed maintenance through communication with staff and the custodial and maintenance departments, allowing for optimal operation.
- Attend and participate in weekly Conference BEO and dining leadership meetings to address upcoming groups and changes, discuss staff issues, develop the dining program, engage in spiritual formation, and plan for upcoming events.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for monitoring, organizing, directing, developing, and motivating up to 70 staff and coordinating exceptional dining service for a wide range of guest groups ranging in number from 10 to 900.
- The Assistant Dining Manager has direct supervisory responsibilities for these positions:
- Dining Server I
- Dining Server II
- Dining Leads