The Reservations & Event Services (“RES”) Coordinator is responsible for the planning, coordination of details, and communications about assigned guest group events (conferences, retreats, camps, meetings, banquets, etc.) taking place at MHA, to ensure a seamless and enjoyable event experience for guests and group leaders in a manner consistent with MHA’s mission, vision and values.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Develop and nurture relationships with guest group leaders, planners, and church staff to ensure confidence and trust in the planning process.
- Be the liaison for event leaders and MHA staff to ensure that communications are accurate and clear, and that plans stay in motion for assigned events. This includes generating Booked Event Orders (“BEO”), representing events at Guest Services logistics meetings, answering questions and/or problem solving.
- Close out accounting reports, invoice events, and re-book existing conferences to complete an event process and possibly retain the event for the next (or future) years.
- Work closely with the RES Interns to enable their professional growth and development and to see them serving in a way that creates an exceptional guest experience.
- Give tours to prospective guest group leaders as directed by the RES Manager to assist in the development of new ministry partnerships.
- Assist the RES Manager in developing and implementing strategies for acquiring new events and maintaining a full calendar of activity.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.