A mature follower of Jesus, still growing and developing in their faith. Fully in accord with Mount Hermon Association, Inc.’s (“MHA”) mission, vision, values and statement of beliefs. Committed to living these out personally, and instilling them in the organization. Of strong moral character and integrity.
- Completion of 12 ECE core Early Childhood Education or Child Development classes/coursework.
- Current certifications in Infant/Pediatric CPR, First Aid and verification of the 15-hour CPR/First Aid, Health and Safety training requirement.
- 2 years’ documented experience with pre-school children (50 days of 3+ hours per day within 2 years).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with “Positive Discipline” techniques.
- Aptitude for and interest in working with children.
- Strong sense of safe practices when working with children.
- Ability to effectively facilitate conflict resolution with children.
- Ability to care for basic hygienic needs of children.
- Ability to provide cleaning for facilities.
- Ability to take direction and learn about the program from other teachers.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Excellent verbal communications skills with both children and staff.