Casual Part-Time 0-40 hours weekly
The Lead Special Caterer is responsible for providing excellent service by catering food and beverages to the guest in a welcoming, seamless and professional manner with the goal of maintaining Mount Hermon’s Standards of Excellence. The lead special caterer is also responsible to maintain and organize and supply products associated with special catered events and to bless and minister to guests, in a manner consistent with MHA’s mission, vision and values.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Responsible for transportation, preparation, and serving of the products from Conference Center kitchen to special event locations. Including but not limited to Redwood Camp, the Meadow, and Pancake Ridge.
- Set-up and prepare each location for events, including receiving stock, packing the appropriate items for the event.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and well-stocked work environment., including the catering vans and golf carts
- Communicate with Conference Center kitchen staff ensuring appropriate food quantities are provided and all special dietary needs are accommodated
- Communicate and partner with the hosts to ensure all dining and meal details, needs, concerns, and issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Clean up and restock the service area after each event, restocking
- Ensure guest satisfaction and provide a memorable visit through provision of exceptional guest service (friendly, safe, efficient, thorough, ministry minded)
- Team leader who will receive, stock, and rotate products in a timely organized manner
- Communicate with Kitchen Manager about food service operations and stocking needs, items that need to be ordered as needed
- Facilitate and maintain clean and sanitary food service areas and equipment, communicating facility needs to the maintenance department
- Other duties as assigned, including working in Conference Center Food Service when not needed.