The Child Care Assistant will be responsible to provide a consistent, stable, and supportive environment for children in the Child Care facility in a manner consistent with MHA’s mission, vision and values.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Give complete attention to the children in the Child Care Center: help entertain, ensure safe play, and facilitate conflict resolution between children. Note: The Child Care Assistant is NOT expected, nor permitted, to answer parents’ questions or concerns, be responsible for clean up at the end of a session, nor be alone in a room with a child.
- Assist a child with special needs. This responsibility demands 1-1 assistance. In this case, the Assistant will accompany only special needs child throughout the session, helping them to join the group when possible, and offering alternative activities for that child when necessary.
- Provide clear and open communication with parents regarding their child/children’s well-being, with special attention to health, safety and discipline.
- Share in the responsibilities of keeping camp areas, including workspaces and supplies, clean and orderly.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- This individual does not supervise other employees or volunteers.