Seasonal Part-Time 20-35 hours weekly
The Camp Service Worker is responsible for delivering adventure and recreation programs, accommodations services, dining services, and facilities services support while demonstrating excellent customer service by acting with a guest-first attitude in a manner consistent with MHA’s mission, vision and values.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Ensure guest satisfaction and provide a memorable visit through provision of exceptional service (friendly, safe, efficient, thorough, ministry minded).
- Work well with co-workers, guests, and other MHA staff; displaying a team-oriented mindset and attitude.
- Co-lead adventure and recreation activities. These activities may include (but are not limited to): indoor and outdoor climbing walls, static and dynamic challenge courses and fieldhouse (gymnasium) supervision. May also receive further training to lead or assist with archery, laser tag, paintball, or other recreation activities ensuring an engaging, informative and inspiring experience.
- Clean housing units and complete the daily room service forms.
- Prepare facilities for camps and conferences to serve the needs of our campers and guest groups.
- Clean facilities during events and camps as needed.
- Assist with periodic facilities services tasks, which may include carpet cleaning, window washing, pressure-washing walkways, hauling debris to dump, stocking firewood, etc.
- Follow all safety guidelines and report all maintenance, repair and safety hazards in writing to Supervisor to ensure completion of necessary repairs in a timely manner.
- Properly maintain all assigned tools, equipment and vehicles to ensure they are available to others as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED; some college or equivalent combination of education and experience desired (must be at least age 18).
- Requires current First Aid/CPR/AED certifications.